Animation Designer | Internship
As the Animation Artist, you’ll be responsible for animating and creating an efficient character & creature animations for the project. Your background demonstrates a working knowledge of the tools required to bring our content to life on a variety of platforms. You’ll need to have strong communication and time management skills to ensure that assets are created efficiently and in a timely manner throughout the production stage ready for Motion Capture Testing.
Strong Maya, Unreal Engine or other game engine and scripting knowledge are essential as you will be a driving force in getting the animations ready for movie sequencer, and ensuring rigs pass through into the engine cleanly and ready for other departments to work with.
We will need to see examples of your work. Please include a link to your portfolio demonstrating animation, abilities in animation, rigging, scripting, along with proficiency in tools or plug-in design.
- Participating in the creation of concepts and plans for locations/levels in our upcoming projects.
- Creating and fixing any rigging needs to ensure proper animation can be applied.
- Animating and working with IK systems in Unreal Engine.
- Creating original photorealistic textures through the use of various tools and middleware.
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects.
- Learn and use new tools and methods in projects.
- Assist leader to deal with common issues in project.
- Finish work not only efficiently, but also with high quality.
- Self-review their work before asking leader to review.
- Understand the modification feedbacks from leaders and fix them independently
- Develop your own expertise areas
- Help Junior Animator grow
- Research on new projects or test project
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Putting finishing touches on locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop, as well as one of the leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.).
- Good knowledge of composition, colour theory and lighting.
- A strong understanding in Animation and key frame animation techniques in Unreal Engine.
- Ability to create visually stunning animation using both hand-key and motion capture data in a range of animation styles.
- Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, game animation pipelines, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Expert knowledge of camera animation.
- Experience with motion capture-based projects.
- Familiarity with animation blending systems.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Basic knowledge about Level Design is a plus.
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
The internship is strictly UNPAID. The team members will have full rights to showcase the work towards their portfolio and experience after approval from Creative Director.
If you feel you have the right mix of skills, attitude and a willingness to learn and grow with a team, then apply using the form below and tell us why you would be the best candidate to work on the project.