Rigging Artist Internship
As the Character Rigging and Animation Artist, you’ll be responsible for animating and creating an efficient character & creature rigging system for the project. Your background demonstrates a working knowledge of the tools required to bring our content to life on a variety of platforms. You’ll need to have strong communication and time management skills to ensure that assets are created efficiently and in a timely manner throughout the production stage ready for Motion Capture Testing.
Strong Maya, Unity 3D or other game engine and scripting knowledge are essential as you will be a driving force in getting robust, functional rigs into the hands of the animators, and ensuring rigs pass through into the engine cleanly and ready for other departments to work with.
We will need to see examples of your work. Please include a link to your portfolio demonstrating animation, abilities in rigging, scripting, along with proficiency in tools or plug-in design. Character and prop rigs are best for demonstration purposes.
- Participating in the creation of concepts and plans for locations/levels in our upcoming projects.
- Creating original photorealistic textures through the use of various tools and middleware.
- Setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible quality.
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects.
- Cooperating effectively with Level Designers, Concept Artists and everyone involved in creating locations.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Putting finishing touches on locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop, as well as one of the leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.).
- Good knowledge of composition, colour theory and lighting.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance, Houdini, World Machine) is a plus.
- Maya, 3DS Max knowledge preferred.
- Basic knowledge about Level Design is a plus.
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
The internship is strictly UNPAID. The team members will have full rights to showcase the work towards their portfolio and experience after approval from Creative Director.
If you feel you have the right mix of skills, attitude and a willingness to learn and grow with a team, then apply using the form below and tell us why you would be the best candidate to work on the project.